PRODUCT MANAGER | PRODUCT MARKETING | SERVICE LEADER
Accomplished business leader with expertise in delivering impactful solutions to customers while supporting company growth strategies. Comprehensive background in international strategic product development and marketing, market analysis, and planning and execution of product development projects bringing new solutions to market based on customer need. Extensive experience interfacing with sales and engaging face to face with customers to deliver solutions and provide an excellent customer experience
2020-Present – ArisGlobal
Global Services Pre-Sales Manager | April 2021 – Present
Manage Pre-Sales Team delivering all Statements of Work, Change Orders, and Subscription Orders for customer signature
Product Marketing Manager | 2020 – April 2021
Product Marketing Manager, Safety and Pharmacovigilance
2019-2020- GE Healthcare
Service Delivery Leader – US & Canada Service
Director of Clinical Engineering – Jefferson Health, NJ Division
Manage and deliver outstanding hospital equipment services for the three Thomas Jefferson University Hospitals in New Jersey.
Managed Biomedical repair and maintenance service delivery for six Jefferson Health sites in NJ. Led a team of eight biomedical technicians, interfaced with customer C-suite to meet program needs and provide operational excellence while driving revenue and profitability metrics for GE.
- Turned around the biomedical engineering maintenance program to reach compliance for Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services requirements improving completion rate from 85% to over 97%.
- Chaired multiple committees for industry and hospital, decreased staff errors by 15%, and led Jefferson representation for New Jersey Hospital Association.
- Managed $2.5M in contract revenue and added $1M in non-contract revenue.
- Drove down costs across the account to increase margins by 3%.
Product Marketing Analyst
- Conducted and communicated market research and analysis that informs product strategy in Software Defined Networking (SDN)/Network Function Virtualization (NFV) and other communications solutions.
- Acting Product Manager for NFV product in partnership with several Communication Service Providers, the open source Open Networking Automation Platform (ONAP), and equipment vendors.
- Managed new product introduction milestones with multiple departments as product owner in an agile software project.
- Investigated voice of the customer in support of product development to finalize the features of a new product line with expected revenue of $30M per year.
2015-2017- Michael DaSilva Consulting
Serve as a Project and Marketing Consultant for startups and R&D companies. Assist in developing and improving processes for companies with less business operating rhythms. Recognized for delivering better data for leaders to make better decisions along the product lifecycle. Clients include:
Data Center Management Startup & SRI International:
Built a new product launch process overlaying a marketing layer onto existing R&D process to build in business requirements: Process improvements resulted in weeding out products with lower profit potential or prioritizing products that would have higher margin and profit potential. Supported sales and met with customers and key opinion leaders to improve solutions in product launch and design.
- Guided design and launch of biometric access devices and biodosimeter market analysis. Biometric access solutions sold to Samsung Ventures.
- Created templates and guides for business plans, market research data, and go / no-go scenarios.
- Updated toll gates and deliverables list to include business case and marketing material preparation.
- Set timing for sales, service, and supply chain readiness for product launch.
Defined all activities for retirement, discontinuation, and disposal of products and parts for product end of life and the notification requirements to the customer base.
Trained and supported business teams on roles and responsibilities and all aspects of the new process.
- Researched and analyzed market trends, including competitive analysis, market conditions, and pricing models for different technologies.
Real Estate Flipping Venture
Reduced time in identifying potential house flipping properties from 3-5 days to 4-5 hours by developing an automated process to identify potential house flipping profit of foreclosed homes taking into account:
- Asking price, costs for repair (with contingency and risk assessment), the maximum bid price for desired profit.
- Deal margin calculations based on total costs and comparable sales in the area.
- Worked with application developer, creating Excel-based tool, quickly identifying properties before the auction.
2008-2014 – GE Healthcare Lifesciences
Manufacturer of equipment, consumables, and services for the biopharmaceutical industry including biological research, clinical therapy, drug discovery, diagnostics, and bioprocessing.
Product Manager – Global Services
Managed global services product portfolio valued at $60M. Managed complete product lifecycle. Maintained pricing and developed sales and marketing collateral. Led strategic global projects for the $200M service business.
- Achieved incremental revenue increase of $9M by developing and launching new service agreement product portfolio.
- Led multiple new product introductions and defined go-to-market strategy ensuring overall service readiness (required inventory and deliverables) and satisfying the interests of approximately 300 stakeholders.
- Assisted in generating over $15M in additional annual sales by identifying opportunities, researching and testing marketed new products, resulting in new products and campaigns.
- Facilitated closing of numerous high-level deals by producing interactive sales tools with service agreement pricing and product strategy, yielding key customer benefits.
- Reduced IP leakage with a bottom-line impact of $1M by leading intellectual property protection project interfacing between C suite, R&D, sales, field service, and corporate legal teams.
- Improved acquisition revenue by up to 8% CAGR by driving service business integration for 2 company acquisitions, including all post-merger integration activities for $70M of inorganic growth.
- Received numerous awards for contributions to the business.
2007-2008 – GE Healthcare, Wave Products Group
Manufacturer of disposable bioreactor equipment and consumables for the biopharmaceutical drug production industry.
Designed and engineered highly marketable disposable biopharmaceutical cell bioreactors, based on customer input. Managed high visibility customer order production and delivery projects.
- Led production and delivery of largest single sale in company history ($2.4M). Managed customer relationship and met delivery deadlines despite challenges posed by concurrent plant closure.
- Delivered 1st bioreactor to Switzerland, meeting all requirements for European safety standards. Worked with vendors, reducing CE certification time to 4 weeks and ensuring revenue recognition for Q4 2007.
2003-2007 – DesignPoint Solutions
Value Added Reseller of SolidWorks and CosmosWorks computer-aided design and simulation software.
Supported sales activities and services for SolidWorks 3D modeling software. Excelled in breaking down complex concepts and tools into easily understood instruction. Delivered mechanical modeling services to corporate clients.
- Consulted customers on capabilities and use based on customer design needs and requirements. Designed and demonstrated model sets showing ”ease of use” of software to support sales activities.
- Delivered projects ranging from stapler redesigns to queue line railings for Walt Disney World.
- Designed instrumentation for use on the U.S. Navy-owned Deep Submergence Vehicle Alvin.
- Completed Certified SolidWorks Professional (CSWP) certification in April 2004
2001-2003 – AIL Research
Research and development firm concentrating on novel air conditioner design using solar and waste heat to provide cooling to buildings.
Research and design engineer supporting experts in novel air conditioning systems. Built, tested, troubleshot, and analyzed computer models and physical prototypes to test theory and functionality of designs.
- Created and analyzed mathematical system models with large data sets for system design. Research resulted in $200k phase two grant from the National Renewal Energy Lab (NREL) and the Department of Energy (DOE).
- Designed, built, and tested prototypes of this system. Set up all sensors and collected data to prove design.
- Received US Patent 6,848,265 for design related to air conditioner heat exchangers
1999-2001 – Tropaion
Consulting firm specializing in supporting telecommunication companies with staffing and project needs.
Tested data and telephony systems in support of Lucent’s product launches. Wrote operator manuals and presented progress reports during weekly development meetings.
- Performed system testing to Lucent Technologies for a line of data/telephony concentrators. Tested all functions of the device and provided reports of deficiencies and bugs, reporting back to the development team.
- Developed user and service manuals for system “as-built” to compare to system user requirements reporting out to program management.
Rutgers University – Rutgers Business School
2011 – MBA, Finance and Marketing
Rutgers University – College of Engineering
1999 – BS, Mechanical Engineering